|Main>Books||Welcome Guest login 0 items in cart ($0.00)|
The Four Days' Battle of 1666 (The Greatest Sea Fight of the Age of Sail)
|Frank Fox's The Four Days' Battle of 1666. The definitive story of the greatest battle in the age of sail. Hard-cover; 400 pages; 50 illustrations including maps and fleet movements.|
This extraordinary book...
- Introduces the "Generals at sea" and the naval tactics they revolutionized;
- Explains the arms race between Britainís Royal Navy and the Dutch;
- Describes the ships, guns, and seamen who fought the days-long battles;
- Reveals the strategic political and military decisions of both countries;
- Includes 13 appendices, listing captains, crew sizes, and guns for each ship.